Sacha Inchi- The Superfood You Need to Know
Sacha inchi, an edible seed from the Amazon rainforest, has been touted as the latest superfood to help you stay healthy and fight off illnesses. Sacha inchi boasts many health benefits, such as lowering cholesterol and high blood pressure, boosting your mood, and reducing inflammation. But we're going to take a closer look at sacha inchi and everything it has to offer you! We'll also discuss how you can incorporate this superfood into your diet and reap all of its potential health benefits!
What Is Sacha Inchi?
Sacha inchi is a hearty, nutrient-rich superfood with a slightly nutty flavor. Although the fruit itself is not commonly consumed, the seeds are roasted and eaten. They're also ground into a fine powder and added to food products. Plus, the oil is extracted from the seeds and used in daily diet or skincare products. It's a good source of fiber, protein, vitamins A and E, iron, and antioxidants. Sacha inchi also contains something called LNA or linolenic acid, which can help lower bad cholesterol levels and fight cancer cells. Sacha inchi is high in healthy fat but low in saturated fat, making it a heart-healthy food.
What Are the Health Benefits?
There are many health benefits associated with sacha inchi, including:
- Cholesterol - Lowers LDL and raises HDL cholesterol.
- Brain Health – The majority of our brain is composed of fat. We need good, healthy fats to resupply those cells and to continually fight inflammation.
- Heart Health – Sacha inchi improves circulation while lowering blood pressure, cholesterol, and inflammation throughout the body.
- Diabetes – Omega 3 helps control glucose levels.
- Bone Health – Omega 3s help the body absorb calcium.
- Vision – The vitamin E, vitamin A, and omegas in sacha inchi can improve vision and maintain eye health.
- Joint Health – The anti-inflammatory nature of sacha inchi may make it an excellent supplement to ease joint pain and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Skin and Hair – Omega 3 fatty acids are vital to healthy hair and skin.
- Weight Loss – Higher serotonin levels, thanks to the tryptophan, also regulate appetite, so we don't get cravings, overeat, or snack more than we need to.
- Well-Being – These seeds contain a good amount of tryptophan, a precursor for serotonin. Serotonin is a feel-good hormone and neurotransmitter that helps us deal with stress and feel calm and happy.
How Do I Add It to My Diet?
Sacha inchi can be eaten fresh, cooked, or made into oil. Due to its neutral flavor, it pairs well with other foods. Adding it to stews or salads is an excellent way of adding nutrition without altering flavor too much. When using sacha inchi as an oil, it's important not to heat it above 150oF/65oC. This prevents the excessive breakdown of omega 3 fatty acids, which are highly sensitive to heat.
Where Can I Buy It?
Sacha inchi is relatively new to many countries, so you'll have a little bit of a challenge finding it at your local grocery store. Instead, you can find both sacha inchi oil and sacha inchi protein powder on Amazing Life Singapore's website. Let us know if you have any questions; leave them in the contact us, and we'll be happy to answer them!
Stay tuned for more information about wellness and health topics here at Amazing Life Singapore. Thank you all for reading, and see you next time!